A Ministry For Retired Pastors
Interpas, as an extension of the Michigan Association of Regular Baptist Churches (MARBC), is an organization of experienced and capable pastors interested in assisting churches that need Interim Pastors.
- Assist local churches to make a smooth transition between permanent pastors.
- Help make this time one of encouragement, enrichment, growth, unity, and spiritual health.
- Provide qualified and tested leadership for a church at a time when it is most needed.
- Provide regular and consistent pulpit teaching ministries.
- Provide for the church a mature, spiritual leader who is called to an interim ministry without desire to be senior pastor.
An Interim Pastor will assist churches:
- to focus on their purpose
- to bring a sense of unity to the body
- to generate hope for the future
- to harness the dynamics of the body not previously tapped
A member of Interpas should be a man of God:
- Experienced in fruitful church ministries.
- In complete doctrinal harmony with the Interpas statement of Faith.
- Possessed of pastoral skills in teaching, preaching, and pastoring people in need.
- Capable of initiating positive and encouraging action while properly recognizing and working with the staff and elected officials of the church.
- Must be retired.
- Must have at least twenty years of pastoral experience.
- Must have a background of blessing upon ministry.
- Must have a willingness to travel.
Note—two levels of ministry are involved:
- Three months or more serving anywhere (we have served in both Alaska and Hawaii)
- Three hours or more radius of ministry which may include two or three-day weekends
If you desire to become a part of Interpas, contact us for a membership application.
830 Russwood, St. NE
Grand Rapids, MI 49505
or call (616) 364-5688
Or use the following form